Bread is good and bread not packaged in plastic is even better.
I love bread. I especially love fresh bread. And I hate bread in plastic bags. So, what I do when I don’t have a whole morning to spare to bake a fresh loaf is walk to my local bakery a couple blocks down from my apartment, bring a cloth bag (an old pillowcase works too), and ask for a fresh loaf of bread to be cut and placed in my bag.
There are several benefits-
- No plastic or packaging
- Supporting a locally owned business (WHAT UP WOODSTOCK GRAND CENTRAL BAKERY)
- I get a 10 cent discount for bringing in my own bag. Not a lot, but it adds up. I also have a bakery punch card, so the 10th loaf of bread I buy is free. It’s a real multiplication of loaves, in my belly.
- You get to know the people who make your bread.
- Freshest bread ever with no preservatives.
- You don’t have to spend a whole day making a loaf of bread!
I could go on but let’s all agree bread is good and bread not packaged in plastic is even better. 🍞💗🍞💗🍞